Client: Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Location: Port Harcourt & Warri Field Operations
Project: The Iriama Project
Services Provided: Competency Assessment, Internal Verification & On-Job Training of SPDC Operations and Maintenance Technicians
Following an onsite incident the Company identified that skill gaps in the labour force could have contributed to the incident and that skills and competence levels needed to be improved. Shell’s own Consultancy Division, ‘Shell Global Solutions International’ (SGSI) was asked to provide and manage a suitably qualified and experienced team of specialists and in turn Delton Training Services Ltd (DTS) was contracted to provide an entire team of Assessors, Internal Verifiers and On-Job-Trainers to deliver the services.
Delton Scope of Work
- Provide single point contact to carry out day-to-day management of the personnel
- On site management and liaison with City & Guilds
- Provision 10 Workplace Assessors and 4 work place trainers covering Electrical, Instrument, Mechanical and Production Operations disciplines
- The Trainers comprised one for each of 4 disciplines, Operations, Mechanical, Instrumentation & Electrical, all capable of HSE aspects of their discipline
- Training was focused on the Technicians following the City & Guilds 8510 series to qualification
The 14 assessors/trainers were field based to conduct site workplace assessments of field employees and carry out OJT remedial training, where required.
The team’s remit was to transfer assessor competencies to SPDC personnel within a timeframe of between 18 – 24 months following initial training.
In total over 600 SPDC candidates were assessed and trained by the Delton Assessors/Verifiers and Trainers, supported by local SPDC Assessors.